Camping in Queensland is permitted for 24 hours as long as there is no signage to the contrary and you are not on private property without the landowners' permission. Many small towns all over the state have free camping in Apex Parks. Just make sure that you are not blocking traffic, respect wildlife and don't disturb local residents.
As with many other areas of Australia, Queensland camping includes various climates and terrains so do your research before you go. Camping near the beach may require different equipment from when you are camping in the outback. For example the windy, sandy conditions of the beach may require longer tent pegs than for the harder ground of other areas.
When camping in Queensland ensure that you follow the basic tips so that regardless of whether you choose to visit the beach, the mountains, the islands or the outback you will have an unforgettable camping experience:
- Take away from the camping area anything and everything that you take there;
- Be friendly to other campers but not intrusive and respect noise curfews;
- Use your own firewood - never cut down trees or even fallen branches;
- Consult the rules of the area before you arrive particularly in regards to permits, pets and fire bans or restrictions;
- Don't add soaps or detergents to the waterways.
- Coopers Creek - Lat. -25.3706/ Long. 142.746 - Diamantina Developmental Road, Windorah
Dogs allowed/Toilet facilities/11kms from Windorah
- Dickabram Bridge/Miva - Lat. -25.9547/ Long. 152.492 - Miva Road, Miva
Dogs allowed/Toilet facilities/Bbqs
- Lake Koomooloomba - Lat. -17.8378/Long. 145.596 - Tully Falls Road, Koomooloomba
No dogs allowed
- Moore - lat. -26.8938/Long. 152.291 - Eskdale Street, Moore
Dogs allowed/Toilet facilities/Gas Bbq/Power
- Noccundra/Wilson River - Lat. -27.8228/Long. 142.587 - Noccundra-Warri Warri Gates Road, Nockatunga
- Obi Obi Creek Crossing - Lat. -26.6361/Long. 152.785 - Obi Obi Road, Kidaman Creek
Dogs allowed/No facilities
- Tooloom Falls - Lat. -26.8938/Long. 152.492 - Highway Lane, Woolmar
No dogs allowed/Toilet facilities/Campfires/6kms from Urbenville