Embarking on a free camping experience in Victoria can take you from the beach to the epic mountains and everything in between. As with all state and territories in Australia, Victoria allows camping for up to 24 hours anywhere as long as you are not impeding traffic flow or on private property.
In all states, but particularly Victoria beware of fire restrictions and camping underneath trees. The River Red gum is known for dropping branches without warning.
- Golden and 90 Mile Beach - Lat. -38.319/ Long. 147.265 - Shoreline Drive, The Honeysuckles
Dogs allowed/Toilet facilities
- Jackass Fern Gully - Lat. -38.076/ Long. 141.427 - T & W Road, Drumborg
Dogs allowed/Toilet facilities/ Bbqs
- Lightning Creek - Lat. -36.661/ Long. 147.433 - Omeo Highway, Mitta Mitta
Dogs allowed/Fireplaces/Toilet facilities/22kms from Mitta Mitta
- Nyah - Lat. -35.1746/Long. 143.377 - Murray Valley Highway, Nyah
- Police Paddocks - Lat. -35.9802/Long. 146.505 - Police Paddocks Road, Carlyle
Dogs allowed/No facilities/1okms from Rutherglen
- Sheepyard Flat - Lat. -37.1937/ Long. 146.346 - Brocks Road, Howqua Hills
Dogs allowed/Toilet facilities/Bbqs
- Taylor's Ben - Lat. -36.0355/Long. 146.287 - Brimin Road, Brimin
Dogs allowed/No facilities/Bbqs