Mandurah is located 74 km to the south of Perth. The Murray Serpentine and Harvey Rivers meet here, forming the vast inland waterway of Peel inlet and the Harvey Estuary. The name of the town is derived from an Aboriginal word `mandjar` meaning trading place. The river and Indian Ocean offer excellent yachting, boating, swimming, water skiing and fishing.
Attractions in town
Hall`s Cottage is located on the Leighton Road and it is built in the year 1832. Community Museum is located inside an old school building located on the Pinjarra Road which is built in the year 1898.Old Mandurah Traffic Bridge is located at the Corner of Mandurah Tce and Pinjarra Road which has excellent crabbing and fishing grounds. Parrots can be seen in Bellawood Park located on Furnissdale Road.
Attractions in the Area
At 3 km to the east Halls Head is located which has Peel Pottery and good beaches. This is located just over the Old Mandurah Traffic Bridge. Bavarian Castle Fun Park is located on the Old Coast Road 2 km to the south of Mandurah.