Rushworth is located 157km north of Melbourne and the town has a number of interesting attractions. High Street is a conservation area that has many old buildings that date back to the goldrush. Hyde Street has an old steam traction engine whistle post and there is the St.Paul's Anglican Church, which was built in 1860.
The town's old courthouse is located on the same street and was built in 1870.
Waranga Shire Hall dates back to 1869 and is located at Horne Street as is the old fire brigade hall which dates to the 1890s.
High Street contains the town's oldest building which is the Imperial Hotel. It was first opened in 1854 and is now a bed and breakfast.
The Criterion Hotel was opened in 1856 and the school on the south side is from 1858. The Rushworth Museum is at the intersection of Parker Street and High Street.